Caliendo Sports Team America Baseball team will compete in Santiago, Dominican Republic August 1-7,2023.
We will compete daily and train with Dominican Baseball players along with experiencing the sites and culture.
Please respond to our email if you like to join our team. Once you have confirmed we will then follow up with a player form that needs to be filled out with the player details.
Total cost of the trip
$1695 plus flight from your city to Santiago, Dominican Republic, per player and person going. Anyone going must go with the group, price is the same for everyone. This is great for family members, friends, relatives. We will be together while you are in the Dominican Republic, and Caliendo Sports organizes it all for you.
The $1695 includes the following: Everyone going must be part of the group package during the stay in Santiago, no exceptions.
2)Transportation to games, site seeing, practices, to meals and more.
3 )Meals: Breakfast and dinner (One dinner on your own at the beach) is included except for the day we have lunch together then dinner is on your own.
5) Staff fee in the Dominican
6) Fields/umpires and equipment
7) Coaches housing, meals and fees
8) Bus driver housing and meals
10)Caliendo Sports Staff expenses and Fee’s
Biggest question we get: Do players receive exposure?
Our coaches know 100’s of college coaches and during this time we get a very good evaluation of the players talent, character, how they deal with adversity and a lot more. We will give an honest evaluation of the players skills, dealing with adversity, dealing with others and more after the trip. We will help you with honest recommendations to college coaches.
Other benefits, outstanding coaches, playing with players you do not know, playing against Dominican players but also meeting them, see where Dominican players play and practice, where they live, they do not need $400 bats, $300 gloves, great cleats, they have none of those and are some of the best players in the world. Adversity is what makes them very good players.
Dinner at different Dominican restaurants
Coaches are the biggest part of the program. Education is important to us and we have some outstanding coaches on staff.
Caliendo Sports Head of Delegation
· 1986 12th round MLB draft choice
· Former minor league infielder
· Former Bulls/Sox team leader and instructor
· Over 25 years of high school baseball coaching experience
· Previous owner of 3D-Baseball “Where Dedication, Determination & Discipline come together”
2022 Bristol State Liners hitting coach (Appalachian League
Jeff Del Fuoco
45 years baseball experience
Player Development Coordinator
US Army Command and General Staff College
Member American Baseball Coaches Association
3 1/2 years played pro baseball
associate scout with LA Dodgers
coached independent pro baseball
12 years coached college baseball
11 years in the NAIA playoffs
10 years conference or conference tournament champions
8 trips to regional tournament and 9 years voted Coach of the Year
10 years coached high school baseball in Texas and
9 years in Texas state playoffs and Head coach for the Texas high school All-Star team
7 years voted Coach of the Year in state of Texas
presently Owner, Head coach, Director of USA Stars International baseball
Author Baseball Book and Instructional Video set
Former Independent Baseball Professional Coach and Director Baseball Operations
Baseball Skill Development Coaches
Taught coaches courses in over 30 countries
Things we will do together while we are in Santiago:
· Welcome Dinner when we arrive.
· Games daily against very good teams, sometimes 2 games a day
· Practice with our top coaches
· Practice prior games with Dominican Players
· Visit Puerta Plata Beach
· Attend a roof top pool
· Visit Santiago Monument for a site of the whole city
· Shop at outdoor market for local souvenirs
· Lunch a couple days at the field; experience the Dominican food with local players.
· Dinner on your own one day at TGI Fridays.
· Dinner at hotel, local Buffet, local restaurants
· Tour of Major League Stadium
Airfare: You will be booking your flight too and back from Santiago (airport Code STI) Dominican Republic from your home city. This will also allow you to use frequent flyer miles to book your airfare.
An adult will supervise players at all times; we never go anywhere alone. If a player needs to run an errand or wants to pick-up something to eat they will be supervised. We perform nightly room checks and even require parents traveling with us to frequently check-in or notify the coaching staff of their plans. Players with families are roomed with their families. Single Rooms cost extra. If you as an adult would like a single room please let us know.
Hotel: Centro Plaza Hodelpa.
Sample itinerary of the day
The schedule for the next day will be given to the group by our staff at the end of each night on the bus so you can prepare for the next day.
· Breakfast early, mandatory for players.
· Depart for practice. We could have a game in the morning instead of practice.
· Come back in the area for lunch on your own, most likely Mc Donald’s, Pizza hut or other places. Or lunch at the field, great Dominican Chicken, Rice, Platens and more.
· Go to Game or at times two games.
· Go someplace like, Pool, Monument, and shopping center, market to buy souvenirs, beach or Major League Park/Game.
· Dinner at hotel, buffet at another location, TGI Friday (couple nights on your own and lunch will be at the field that day)
· Back hotel.
· Meetings for players to review the baseball day, parents are included, great learning experience.
This is a typical day.
Beach 1 and half hour away Bus in front of restaurant at beach
Reach out to us if you like to join our team, look forward in hearing from you.
Yours for Better Baseball
Peter M. Caliendo
Caliendo Sports International
Experience Intenational Baseball At Its Best.
We been going here over 15 years.
Located downtown Santiago
We love our customers, so feel free to contact us anytime
Copyright © 2023 Caliendo Sports International - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy